No Heating Up
- Temperature normal, but no heating up:
- In temperature window, observe if "+" or "*" appears. If
no, check temperature setting is correct. For DCS-220/230,
the short-circuit ring is removed or not.
- If yes, but still no heating. Observe heating LED
indicator of each zone is on or not. If no, change DA-TEMP.
- If yes, check SSR wiring circuit is normal or not,
one-pole switch is on or off.
- If above is OK, measure if the heating band is power on
or off. If off, check the wiring from electricity cabinet to
heating band. If on, change the heating band.
- Heating indicator on, but no heating, check +24V is
normal of not (for S260/262 computer controller).
- Temperature too higher, no heating, refer to B1 and
short-circuit all the interfaces of interaction wires, if
still abnormal, change DA-TEMP or CPU.
- Set the temperature again and check heating is OK or not.
- Heating switch indicator shuts off automatically, check
PWR or switch power.
- Check the time relay on the convert board is damaged or
not, printing circuit is OK or not.
Temperature too High
- Power off the heating band, temperature too high: the
reason is that the shearing action of raw material by screw
and barrel leads to high temperature. Use a fan to cool the
barrel. If the temperature of one zone is too high, can also
lead to high temperature to nearby zones.
- Start heating, temperature still goes up when the
temperature reaches its preset value. This is caused by
thermo-delay, can be normal during normal production, or
enlarge the temperature buffer.
- Temperature reaches preset value, but the power is not
- Check the wiring is correct, TEMPRLY is OK?
- Remove the 8P cable from DA-TEMP, and measure if the
power is still on.
- Temperature display doesn't change with real temperature.
Refer to B1 and check, change DA-TEMP and check the
short-circuit ring is removed.
- The contact tip of contactor is damaged?
Temperature too Low
- Refer to "Temperature No Display, or Displays Zero"
- Change the interaction wire of this zone;
- Maybe caused by the material of barrel, decrease the
temperature buffer. If problem still happens, maybe the
heating power is not enough, increase the heating power.
Temperature Display Breakdown
Temperature No Display, or Displays Zero
- Power off, check DA-TEMP and CPU are normal or not. If
they're drenched by water or oil, or burnt, change them.
- Make sure the power supply is OK;
- make sure that thermocouple is well plugged, and
positive/negative poles correct;
- Remove DA-TEMP, 6P and 8P cable, measure the resistance
between all AC/DC power and machine body (>1M OK).
- Power on, measure if there is electricity leakage of
machine body by AC:
- Machine body should be connected to earth, better to
bury a brass rod(>=dia.2cm) into earth 50cm;
- Measure by ACx1000. one end to damp earth, the other end
to machine body, to check if there is electricity leakage.
- Plug DA-TEMP, but don't plug the cable, power on and
observe if there is temperature display. If yes, check if
there is short-circuit or electricity leakage of SSR;
- If no, remove the interaction wire of DA-TEMP,
short-circuit their two interfaces and observe if there is
temperature display. If yes, check or change the interaction
- If no, change DA-TEMP or TEMPEXT, and check +5V power is
Temperature Display Abnormal
- Refer to "Temperature No Display, or Displays Zero"
- Short-circuit between power supply and machine body?
Computer controller OK?
- Interaction wire well connected? Check by direct
- Machine body electricity leakage?
- Above is OK, change DA-TEMP, or CPU;
- Check if the short-circuit ring on DA-TEMP is
- Temperature display pulsates, check interaction wire is
fixed, interaction head is fixed tightly?
- This can happen when external temperature too low.
Temperature Display "777"
- Measure if there is power input for DA-TEMP, check
- Check if there are two AC10V in the 3P cable from T1010AS,
if no, check power input of AV220V. If problem still exists,
change temperature board.
- For S-260/262, if can be heated up, change the CPU board.
Temperature Display "888"
- This is caused by no power input for detect tip of
thermocouple, check if there is open-circuit of thermocouple
wiring. If yes, change it.
- Still problem, change temperature board or thermocouple
- Check if the thermocouple wire is connected reverse, the
backup short-circuit ring on temperature control board is
plugged or not(DCS220/230). For S262, if the thermocouple wire
is connected reverse, room temperature will be displayed
instead of alarm.
Temperature Display "999"
- Temperature is over 3990C(maximum temperature available);
- Refer to "No Heating Up" and
- Check thermocouple is connected reverse or not?
- Check heating wiring if AC is correct.
- Make sure that all the fuses are not burnt, switch power
is not damaged;
- Switch off the power, use Rx10K(resistance) of
Multi-Purpose Meter to make sure there is no short-circuit
between AC220V and DC, no short-circuit between DC, no
short-circuit between DC and machine body;
- If input to AC exists, measure if there is output from DC
(or DC converter) by DCX30V. If DC no output, replace switch
power. If DC ok:
- Observe whether controller works well (LED1 is twinkling
or not). If controller doesn't work, change CPU or EPROM
- LED1 twinkling, but LED2 not, check the communication of
- If RS232 cable OK, check the CPU under the panel is
working or not (indicator on). If not, change the panel.
- Measure the power input of CPU (+5V, should be between
+5.0V and +5.15V). If the voltage is not enough, adjust the
variable resistance inside switch power;
- If still not OK, make sure that EPROM chip is plugged
well and try again;
- Replace CPU board, try again;
- Display should be OK, check the action is OK or not;
- The resistance among COMs of different group, between
COM and machine body should be over 1 (Rx10);
- Make sure that the cable between controller and panel is